Oh, sleep. I miss you. You haven’t been easy to come by for two years or so, and now you’re even more difficult to find. My nose is constantly clogged, a delightful symptom of pregnancy, and I have never peed more in my life.
(I know you have good intentions, friends and readers, but please spare your “Just you wait!” and “You think you’re tired now!” comments. Guys, I know. But you can’t store sleep away in a jar for later, so I’d really like to get it while the getting is good. And being pregnant is really tiring because there is a person living inside me stealing all of my nutrients and fluids.)
So. In addition to being super tired, I am super hungry. All. The. Damn. Time. (Nutrient stealer.) I’ve tried many things to stave off hunger and keep me filled up, but I think I just found my favorite thing. I even bought some cute pint Ball jars expressly for this recipe. I make my own fun.
Overnight Oats for One
- 3/4C old-fashioned oats (not quick oats!)
- 1/2C coconut milk (the kind in a carton; or any kind of milk)
- 1/4C plain yogurt
- a glug of real maple syrup
- a teeny splash of almond or vanilla extract
- a pinch of salt
- a small handful of dried cranberries
- pinches of cinnamon, ground ginger, allspice, cloves, nutmeg
Mix all ingredients in a pint jar. Leave in fridge overnight. In the morning, add fresh berries, sliced banana, diced apple, etc.