I’m always looking for easy crockpot things, because toddlers are tornadoes and never stop moving until they pass out from sheer exhaustion and spite.
This is a fantastic recipe from an Internet friend. It turned out awesome and the leftovers were so good!
ADP’s Crockpot Saffron Rice Chicken
– chicken thighs (4-6, bone-in or boneless)
– saffron rice (I used Mahatma brand Yellow Rice)
– can of cream of chicken soup
– soup can of chicken broth or stock
– 3 or 4 carrots, peeled and chopped
– 1t each of garam masala, turmeric, and coriander
– frozen peas (optional)
Dump everything in the crockpot except the peas (if using). Cook on low for 4-5 hours, or until the chicken and rice are cooked through. Fifteen minutes before serving, add the peas.