Yep, Week 11 doesn’t exist because ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
This soup is AWESOME. It’s like burrito soup, which does not sound great, but trust me.
Chicken & Black Bean Soup
Adapted from Make It Fast, Cook It Slow by Stephanie O’Dea
- 1.5C chopped vegetables (I used carrots and onions, but you could really use whatever)
- 1T minced garlic
- 3 (15oz.) cans black beans (don’t drain or rinse)
- 1 little can Hatch chiles
- 1 (15oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 2C chicken stock
- 2 packets of taco sauce (from that Baggie of sauces you keep in the fridge)
- Two big handfuls of frozen corn
- 4 chicken thighs (mine went in frozen)
- 1T taco seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- Cheese, sour cream, chopped avocado, and/or hot sauce to top
Plop everything but the toppings into the crockpot. Mix. Cover and cook for 8-10 hours on low. Halfway through cooking time, carefully remove chicken from crockpot and dice. Use an immersion blender to mostly smooth out soup. Add chicken back in, cover, and continue cooking.